Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wine Country

My dear friends Hans and Susanne are our hosts for our 2 weeks in Germany. I felt tears and the love when Hans excitedly showed me their welcome gesture: to raise a Canadian flag on their house!

We essentially lost the first 2 days to travel and jet lag. On Tuesday we took a day trip to wine country in southwest Germany. Miles and miles of narrow winding streets in quaint villages. Streets

A vineyard, a church and the hills. View

And now I must get ready to be the guests of honor at a welcoming party with Hans and Susanne's neighbours!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet gesture of welcome...I smiled and felt all warm and fuzzy when I saw/read this post.
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way to start your adventure! I can't wait to see what's next. (Europeans are such good hosts, eh?)
    VM

    ReplyDelete