Thursday, February 23, 2012

Adventure day part 2: arriving in Cozumel

After my early morning start, I took the ferry across to Cozumel. It's a smallish island off the coast, a short distance away. As with many of the islands around here, Cozumel is mostly a rock sticking up out of the water; the interior is jungle but the coastline is mostly rock with a fast drop, fast enough that many large cruise shows come in to dock. I started off my Cozumel adventures on foot, wandering around the main town and nearby areas.






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful....I need to see water that color at some point in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water off Cozumel is particularly clear. Around Playa del Carmen is nice, but there tends to be more sand and kelp and such floating around. Cozumel is mostly rock, which makes for not much beach but beautiful clear water.

      Delete
    2. You really do, Laura. It's quite magical.

      Delete