Friday, March 9, 2012

Weather

I've been under the weather for a couple of days (double entendre intended), so not as many food pictures.

One from a few days ago: La Pesca, a little seafood restaurant. Imperial shrimp: shrimp stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon, then grilled. Way too rich. I could only eat 3 of the 7 that came.

The weather here is variable, and can change very quicky. I often hear people asking about the weather way in advance, or panicking a a few days before their vacation, because the forecast says rain. In reality, it's mostly sunny, almost always gets cloudy at some point during the day, and a good amount of time also rains at some point during the day. Here's how fast the weather can change.

Mostly sunny with some big, fluffy, interesting clouds.


Ten minutes later, the clouds were turning ominous.


And even more ominous, and it rained a bit.


Two hours later, I was at the beach and it looked like this. Note that the waves were pretty active, indicative of the previous weather system that had passed.

1 comment:

  1. Hola Lori, Your imperial shrimp looks more "cheesy" than what I had, but still looks awesome to me. Wish I had been there with you to help you eat them :-)

    ReplyDelete