Thursday, August 23, 2012

Two Days in C'town and Three meals at Gahan House Pub


Bram and I agree, that this cozy microbrewery and restaurant may be our favourite restaurant in the world. Dear El Fogon in Playa del Carmen gets bumped to second, but doesn't have to worry too much since I will visiting it much more often than Gahan.

For lunch, Bram had the Chicken Goat Cheese wrap and I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich made with their house BBQ sauce. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!


For dinner, we shared another build your own pizza (chorizo, roasted red peppers, goat cheese, BBQ sauce) and a prime rib sandwich.

We celebrated our last night in PEI with another dinner at Gahan. We weren't very hungry, and took the server's suggestion of nachos with pulled pork. We weren't disappointed!


And after telling her our story of how many times we had been to the restaurant, and how some days dreaming of eating here was the only thing that got me up some of the hills on our rides, she brought us a complimentary pecan tart, topped with Cow's pecan ice cream as a thank you for our patronage. What a sweet way to finish our trip!

2 comments:

  1. For the record, the total number of kilometers that we pedalled on this trip was about 750 km. Bram did a bit more than that... maybe 800 km?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came back to re-live (albeit vicariously) your fantastic trip around the Island! Missing your daily posts, I guess. Now I'm hungry! And congratulations on your distance... very impressive! Lorna xoxo

    ReplyDelete